Religious Worker visa (T5)

If you want to work for a religious organisation or in a non-pastoral role, you’ll need a religious worker visa.


To apply you’ll need a certificate of sponsorship from an approved organisation and enough money to sustain yourself.

Costs and Maintenance

You will need to show you have at least £1,270 to support yourself when you arrive, together with enough money for the application fee and the health surcharge. You may be exempt if your sponsor will support you in which case, they must complete the sponsor certifies maintenance’ section on your certificate.

How long can you stay?

You can live and work in the UK for up to 24 months or up to 28 days more than the time for the certificate of sponsorship. You may also be sponsored for a shorter period and can enter the UK up to 14 days before the start of your job.
This is not a route into permanent residency.

    Contact Us

    By ticking this box, you agree that you have read (a) our terms & conditions and (b) our privacy policy.

    Please prove you are human by selecting the cup.