Representative of a Foreign Business

The Representative of an Overseas Business visa is often used for people who are representing an overseas business in some shape or form. It might be a correspondent for an overseas newspaper or someone from a business which is looking to set up in the UK.

To qualify you must be recruited and employed outside the UK by a business whose principle HQ is and will remain overseas, hold a senior position with the authority to make decisions on its behalf and have the skills to do the role. You may also be permitted if you intend to set up a UK branch of the business.

  • Financial maintenance: You must have enough money to support yourself without recourse to public funds and pay the health surcharge.
  • Knowledge of English: You must prove you have a working knowledge of English. You can do this by passing an approved English test with at least CEFR level B1 in reading, writing, speaking and listening, or have an academic qualification which is taught in English and is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a BA, Master’s degree or a PHD.
  • Length of stay: The visa lets you stay for an initial three years. You can apply to extend it for two further years. After five years you may be able to apply for permanent right to remain. This will allow you to live, work and claim benefits in the UK.

Get in Touch

If you’d like more information, our team of expert immigration lawyers or immigration solicitors can help.

    Contact Us

    By ticking this box, you agree that you have read (a) our terms & conditions and (b) our privacy policy.

    Please prove you are human by selecting the star.