Temporary Worker – Charity Worker visa

If you want to undertake temporary or voluntary work for a charity, you’ll need a Charity worker visa. The visa replaces the Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Charity Worker) visa.


You will need a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed employer before you can apply to come to the UK. The work you do must relate to the work of your sponsor and you must have enough money to support yourself.

Costs and Maintenance

You’ll need to show you have enough to afford the application fee, the health surcharge and that you have at least £1,270 to live on when you arrive.
Your employer may be able to support you instead in which case they will have to complete the sponsor certifies maintenance section.

How long can you stay?

You can stay for up to 12 months or the time give on your certificate of sponsorship plus 14 days, whichever is shorter. You can enter the UK up to 14 day before your job begins. You can apply to extend your visa. You should do this before your current visa expires. This is not a route which leads to permanent settlement in the UK.

Get in touch

To find out more about charity visa, our team of expert immigration lawyers or immigration solicitors can help.

    Contact Us

    By ticking this box, you agree that you have read (a) our terms & conditions and (b) our privacy policy.

    Please prove you are human by selecting the car.