Health and Care Visa

Health and care workers are crucial to the future of the UK. Special Visas ensure that you can continue to live and work in the UK. If you work in health or care, you can come to or remain in the UK after Brexit if you have an eligible job with the NHS, are an NHS supplier or work in adult social care.

  • Skill level: RFQ 3 (roughly equivalent of an A level).
  • Total points to meet: 70
  • Minimum English level required: You must prove your ability to speak English by passing a secure English language test, having a GCSE, A level, Scottish National Qualification level 4 or 5, Scottish Higher or Advanced Higher in English?, or having a degree level qualification which was taught in English.
  • Maintenance funds requirements: You must be able to afford the application fee and have at least £1,270 in your account to support yourself.
  • Salary: You will normally have to be paid at least £20,480 unless the going rate for your job is higher. Different jobs have different going rates. If you’re a biochemist, or a biological or physical scientist your occupational code will be 2112 (biological scientists and biochemists) or 2113 (physical scientists) If you’re doing any other health and care job you can check how much you need to earn in the table of national pay scales for eligible healthcare jobs.
  • Length of stay: You can stay up to five years before you need to extend it. You will have to apply to extend your visa as it approaches expiry or if you change jobs. After five years you may be able to apply to settle permanently in the UK (also known as indefinite leave to remain.) This gives you the right to live, work and study here as long as you like.

Get in touch

To find out more about health and care worker visas, our team of expert immigration lawyers or immigration solicitors can help.

    Contact Us

    By ticking this box, you agree that you have read (a) our terms & conditions and (b) our privacy policy.

    Please prove you are human by selecting the plane.