Indefinite Leave to Remain as Spouse of Settled Person

Spouses or partners of British citizens, persons settled in the UK or persons having refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK, can apply for a visa to remain with their loved ones indefinitely through this visa category.

Apart from general visa requirements, there are certain conditions that must be met by the applicant for this visa category; such as:

  • Relationship requirements – Must be a genuine and subsisting relationship
  • Maintenance funds
  • Suitability requirements
  • Sufficient knowledge of the English language
  • Sufficient knowledge of life in the UK

The applicant can only be eligible to apply for their ILR in the UK once they have completed the residential qualifying period in the UK. Please consult with our immigration solicitor to find out whether you qualify for this visa category and how you can apply.

    Contact Us

    By ticking this box, you agree that you have read (a) our terms & conditions and (b) our privacy policy.

    Please prove you are human by selecting the heart.