Skilled worker visas are designed for people who are qualified to perform certain jobs. They are designed to attract highly skilled immigrants into the UK who can make a positive contribution to the economy.
In order to qualify you will need to meet salary thresholds, education levels, English skills and by sponsored by an approved employer.
- Skill level: RFQ 3 (roughly equivalent of an A level).
- Total points to meet: 70
- Minimum English level required: You must prove your ability to speak English by passing a secure English language test, having a GCSE, A level, Scottish National Qualification level 4 or 5, Scottish Higher or Advanced Higher in English?, or having a degree level qualification which was taught in English.
- Maintenance funds requirements: You must be able to afford the application fee and have at least £1,270 in your account to support yourself.
- Salary: At least £25,600 per year unless the ‘going rate’ for your job is higher. You can check the going rate for your job online on the going rates table. You can be paid less (between 70% and 90% of the going rate if your salary is at least £20,480.
- Length of stay: Visas last for up to five years and you can extend as many times as you like. To extend it you’ll have to apply when it expires or if you change jobs. After five years you may be able to settle permanently (also known as right to remain). This allows you to live, work and study in the UK for as long as you like and apply for benefits.
Get in touch
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch. Our team of expert immigration lawyers or immigration solicitors can help