Get an exempt Vignette

If you are not normally subject to immigration control you can apply for an exempt vignette. For example, this is commonly used for diplomats.

Exempt vignettes are available for:

  • Diplomats, or working for a diplomatic mission in the UK, and you were outside the UK when offered the post.
  • Overseas government ministers on official business or travelling with one as part of your job.
  • Members of Commonwealth or Overseas Territories armed forces posted in the UK or training in the UK.
  • Head of states or people working for a head of state, such as on a state visit.
  • Those who are exempt from immigration control for any other reason.

You cannot apply if you come from North Korea.

Get in Touch

If you’d like more information, our team of expert immigration lawyers or immigration solicitors can help.

    Contact Us

    By ticking this box, you agree that you have read (a) our terms & conditions and (b) our privacy policy.

    Please prove you are human by selecting the cup.