Fiancé/Fiancée or Proposed Civil Partner of Settled Person

This category is designed for engaged or proposed partners of British citizens, persons settled in the UK or persons having refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK, who wish to marry or enter into a civil partnership within 6 months of arriving in the UK. Once the marriage or civil partnership has taken place, the applicant will then be eligible to apply to switch into the Spouse or Civil Partner category without having to leave the UK.

Apart from general visa requirements, there are certain conditions that must be met by the applicant for this visa category; such as:

  • Relationship requirements – Must be a genuine and subsisting relationship
  • Minimum income level
  • Maintenance funds
  • Sufficient knowledge of the English language

This type of visa must be obtained by the applicant before coming into the UK. Please consult with our immigration solicitor to find out whether you qualify for this visa category and how you can apply.

    Contact Us

    By ticking this box, you agree that you have read (a) our terms & conditions and (b) our privacy policy.

    Please prove you are human by selecting the house.