Youth Mobility Scheme Visas

The youth mobility scheme provides young people between the ages of 18 and 30 from certain countries the chance to come and experience life in the UK. Here’s what you need to apply.


You can apply If you’re from one of the following countries.

  • Australia
  • Canada
  • Hong Kong
  • Japan
  • Monaco
  • New Zealand
  • Republic of Korea
  • San Marino
  • Taiwan

You can also apply if you are a British overseas citizen, British overseas territories citizen or a British national overseas.
You can’t come if you have children who are living with you or you have already taken part in the scheme.

Costs and Maintenance

You’ll need at least £2,530 in your account to prove you can support yourself while in the UK.

How long can you stay?

The visa entitles you to stay for up to 24 months. If you turn 31 while in the UK you can remain for as long as your visa remains valid.
You can enter and re-enter the UK any time during the length of your visa.
You can study, work in most jobs, set up a company and be self employed as long as your equipment is not more than £5,000 and you do not have any employees.
You cannot extend your stay, bring family or work as a professional sportsperson.

Get in touch

For more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch. Our team of expert immigration lawyers or immigration solicitors can help.

    Contact Us

    By ticking this box, you agree that you have read (a) our terms & conditions and (b) our privacy policy.

    Please prove you are human by selecting the plane.