Spouse/Civil Partner of Settled Person

This category of visa allows the spouse or civil partner of British citizens, persons settled in the UK or persons having refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK, to apply and enter the United Kingdom.

Apart from general visa requirements, there are certain conditions that must be met by the applicant for this visa category; such as:

  • Relationship requirements – Must be a genuine and subsisting relationship
  • Minimum income level
  • Maintenance funds
  • Sufficient knowledge of the English language

Usually, this type of visa must be obtained by the applicant before entering the UK. In certain cases, however, a person can switch to this visa category if they are already in the UK under a different visa. Please consult with our immigration solicitor to find out whether you qualify for this visa category and how you can apply.

    Contact Us

    By ticking this box, you agree that you have read (a) our terms & conditions and (b) our privacy policy.

    Please prove you are human by selecting the tree.