Join EU or EEA family member

You can apply for a family permit to join your family member who is an EU, EEA, Swiss citizen, British citizen who lived in a member state, or a person from Northern Ireland. Your family relationship must have started by 31 December 2020. You must be outside the UK to apply for your family permit.

You can apply either under;

  • the EU Settlement Scheme family permit, or
  • the EEA family permit

A family permit is only valid for 6 months and you can work, study and travel. Without a family permit you may be refused entry into the UK. Usually, the extended family members apply under EEA family permit; whereas the direct or close family members apply under the EU Settlement Scheme family permit if their EU, EEA or Swiss citizen was living in the UK by 31 December 2020.

The EEA family permit is ending on 30 June 2021 and you will not be able to make an application after 30 June 2021.
You can apply for an EU Settlement Scheme family permit to come to the UK before 29 March 2022 if you have lived in an EU or EEA country or Switzerland with an eligible family member who’s a British citizen.

    Contact Us

    By ticking this box, you agree that you have read (a) our terms & conditions and (b) our privacy policy.

    Please prove you are human by selecting the key.