This visa category is designed for Commonwealth citizens aged 17 or over whose grandparents were born in the UK, including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, before 31 March 1922 and they now wish to enter and work in the UK.
Apart from general visa requirements, there are certain conditions that must be met by the applicant for this visa category; such as:
- The applicant must be a Commonwealth citizen
- The applicant must be applying from outside the UK
- The applicant can prove the birth and relationship of their ancestry
- The applicant is able and planning to work in the UK
- Availability of maintenance funds for a stay in the UK
This type of visa must be obtained by the applicant before entering the UK. Please consult with our immigration solicitor to find out whether you qualify for this visa category and how you can apply.