Frontier Work Permit

If you’re coming to work in the UK from a qualifying country you will need a frontier work permit. This will allow you to work, rent and access benefits including the NHS if you qualify.

  • Who can apply: You must come from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein. You must live outside the UK and have worked in the UK by December 2021 and have kept working in the UK at least once every 12 months since you started working here.
  • Your work: Your work must be genuine and effective which means it must be more than a one-off event such as conducting an interview or signing a contract.
  • Residency: You must live outside the UK. This means you’ll have spent less than 180 days in the UK in any 12-month period. You may be able to apply if there were exceptional circumstances which stopped you applying.
  • Family members: The permit does not cover family members.

Get in Touch

If you’d like more information, our team of expert immigration lawyers or immigration solicitors can help.

    Contact Us

    By ticking this box, you agree that you have read (a) our terms & conditions and (b) our privacy policy.

    Please prove you are human by selecting the key.