This category allows an applicant who would be a senior representative of an already established overseas company to come to the UK to set up a branch or a subsidiary
The initial visa applied from outside the UK lasts for a period of three years and then can be extended for further two years. The applicant will eventually have the right to reside in the UK permanently and ultimately qualify for British Citizenship. The applicant also can bring his spouse and children in the UK.
The following requirements must be met for the application to be successful:
- The overseas business should have no branch or subsidiary or other representatives in the UK.
- The business in the UK should be the same type of business activity as the overseas business
- The applicant must be able to maintain and accommodate himself and his family
- The applicant must be a senior employee with authority to take operational decisions on behalf of the business
- The applicant must be employed full time in the UK in the same capacity and by the same business
- The representative must not be a majority shareholder of the overseas business
- The representative must meet the English Language requirement