This visa category is designed for non-EEA nationals who wish to enter the UK to study an English language course, training course or to do a short period of research as part of an ongoing degree course abroad.

Apart from general visa requirements, there are certain conditions that must be met by the applicant for this visa category; such as:

  • The applicant must have been offered a place on a course at an accepted place of study in the UK
  • Availability of maintenance funds for stay in the UK as well as course fees and return
  • Applicants under 18 must have the consent of their parent or guardian

This type of visa must be obtained by the applicant before entering the UK. Please consult with our immigration solicitors to find out whether you qualify for this visa category and how you can apply.