A Non-EEA national family member of an EEA national can apply for a residence card to reside in the UK. The EEA national must be a qualified person or permanent resident in the UK to be eligible to apply under this category.

The direct family member of the EEA or Swiss national does not need to apply for a residence card; although it surely helps in:

  • Re-entering the UK if traveling abroad
  • Finding and retaining employment
  • Getting benefits and supports