The EEA family permit holder is able to enter, live and work in the UK. It is issued for 6 months and the holder must apply for Residence Card before its expiry to remain legally in the UK.

The applicant under this category must be:

  • A direct or extended family member of an EEA or Swiss national
  • A resident of outside the UK

The EEA national must be living in the UK and should either be a Qualified Person or a permanent resident.