It is potentially dangerous and bears grave consequences if someone travels without proper documents. When a non-UK National living in the UK wishes to travel outside the UK but does not have a passport or he cannot use one, has to apply for UK travel document to go through international borders.
The applicant must be a lawful resident in the UK and must also be one of the followings:
- He has been granted humanitarian protection or discretionary leave to enter or remain in the UK for a limited period after a failed asylum application.
- He has indefinite leave to remain
- He has been recognized as stateless under the terms of the 1954 United Nations Convention Relating to the Status of Stateless Persons
- He has been recognized as a refugee in the UK under the terms of the 1951 United Nations Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, or a person who has come to the UK on a Family Reunion visa to join a refugee.
Depending on the applicant’s immigration status, the following are the 4 types of travel documents:
- Convention Travel Document – if applying as a refugee
- Stateless Person’s Documents – if applying as a stateless person
- Certificate of Travel – if applying after been refused a passport by national authorities of his own country
- One-way Document – if wanting to leave Uthe K and not coming back
We have an extensive experience of dealing in these kind of matters, please contact our office for a efficacious advice.