Complex Matters

Asylum Claims

The UK has a proud tradition of standing up for human rights and providing safety to refugees fleeing war-torn countries. Foreign nationals or stateless people who fear persecution as defined by the UN Convention may claim asylum in the UK.

Asylum must be claimed in person and the individual must be in the UK to claim asylum here. A person who has previously been harmed or persecuted but who no longer faces that threat does not qualify for refugee status under the UN Convention.

We advise claiming asylum as soon as entering the UK. Delaying the start of the process can complicate the case and make it more difficult to make a successful claim. Please get in touch with our immigration solicitors to find out more about claiming asylum.

Human Rights Applications and Representations

Laws can take time to catch up with human needs. We’ve often seen people struggle with Home Office to fight deportation.

Based on our experiences, we have seen that many people have reasonable humanitarian grounds for being in the UK as they fear facing persecution and violence if they return home. However, laws in the UK can be strict forcing deportation on these people.

We have worked with hundreds of such clients and helped them stay legally in the country. Our consultants have helped people successfully get legal stay in the country and we can do the same for you.

If you are facing a similar situation you can make an application to the Home Office on the basis of human rights and representation. This is not a simple area and the laws surrounding human rights change frequently.

Our experienced immigration lawyers can represent you in court, fight against unfair deportation attempts by the Home Office and appeal against any decisions in court.

Deportation and Removal from UK

A person and his family could be deported when his removal is considered ‘conducive to the public good’; they could also be recommended by a court after the conviction in a criminal matter which carries an imprisonment.

Whereas, the removal (administrative removal) refers to a person who entered the UK illegally, or stayed beyond his permitted leave or violated the conditions attached to his leave to remain in the UK.

If you have any deportation or removal order against you, please contact our immigration solicitors who has the ability to challenge such decisions and can save you from its dire consequences.


Revocation of Existing Visa

In certain cases, a visa could be revoked for the following reasons:

  • if it has been obtained through misrepresentation, false and fabricated documents
  • if the circumstances based on its grant have changed
  • if the holder does not comply with the conditions attached

If you are trapped in this kind of situation, please contact our expert immigration solicitors for tailored and specific advice.

Detention Matters

People who are in the UK illegally, or don’t have a valid visa, can be detained at any time by the Immigration Officials or Border Force. Detention usually occurs at the airport or at the UK borders but if a person is in the UK illegally without a visa or working without a right to work the local police or the Immigration Officials can also arrest them. The Home Office  may also detain a person if their visa has expired and they have not made any valid renewal application.

Foreign nationals who are detained by the immigration or other officials are kept at specialized facilities meant for detentions. As of now, there are eight detention centers in the country and three short-term holding facilities.

While in detention, the detainee is allowed access to a legal team to help make a case for their stay in the UK. If you are currently facing a similar situation, then please get in touch with our immigration solicitors’ team who can guide you about your options and represent you in your detention matter.


Bail Application

A person who is being held in detention due to immigration matters can be granted bail as long as they undertake to abide by certain terms and conditions. The detained person (detainee) must have a ‘Financial Condition Supporter’ (also known as ‘Surety’). This is a person who.

Undertakes to pay money if the detainee breaks the terms of the bail

Can attend the detainees bail hearings

The detainee can apply for bail in 2 main ways.

  1. the Home Secretary (‘Secretary of State bail’) bail
  2. the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) bail

the detainee might be automatically referred for a bail hearing if he has been in detention for 4 months or more.

The detainee can apply to the Upper Tribunal or Administrative High Court for a judicial review of the government’s decision to detain him, if they think that the decision to detain or to maintain detention was unlawful. The Upper tribunal or Administrative High Court, if his application for judicial review is granted, may direct to the Home Office to release the detainee on ‘Secretary of State bail’.

Denied Entry

It is frustrating and depressing for someone if he is denied entry to the UK. A person is held at the airport with an intention to send back to the location he last departed. The denial does not count as an arrest and no criminal charges are levelled.

We have expertise to deal with these matters and can find a plausible solution. In certain cases, we can negotiate with the authorities to get temporary entry to the UK.


Travel Document

It is potentially dangerous and bears grave consequences if someone travels without proper documents. When a non-UK National living in the UK wishes to travel outside the UK but does not have a passport or he cannot use one, has to apply for UK travel document to go through international borders.

The applicant must be a lawful resident in the UK and must also be one of the followings:

  • He has been granted humanitarian protection or discretionary leave to enter or remain in the UK for a limited period after a failed asylum application.
  • He has indefinite leave to remain
  • He has been recognised as stateless under the terms of the 1954 United Nations Convention Relating to the Status of Stateless Persons
  • He has been recognised as a refugee in the UK under the terms of the 1951 United Nations Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, or a person who has come to the UK on a Family Reunion visa to join a refugee.

Depending on the applicant’s immigration status, following are the 4 types of travel documents:

  • Convention Travel Document – if applying as a refugee
  • Stateless Person’s Documents – if applying as stateless person
  • Certificate of Travel – if applying after been refused a passport by national authorities of his own country
  • One-way Document – if wanting to leave UK and not coming back

We have an extensive experience of dealing in these kind of matters, please contact our office for a efficacious advice.