This visa category allows a parent whose child resides in the UK to apply for permission to enter or remain in the UK in order for them to have contact with their child. The applicant will initially be granted permission to enter or remain in the UK for 12 months. At the end of the 12-month period, the applicant may qualify and apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.

Apart from general visa requirements, there are certain conditions that must be met by the applicant for this visa category; such as:

  • Relationship requirements (applicant must be the parent of the child)
  • Documentary evidence showing access rights to the child
  • Maintenance funds

This type of visa can be obtained by the applicant before coming into the UK or as an extension after entering the UK or while remaining in the UK. Please consult with our immigration solicitor to find out whether you qualify for this visa category and how you can apply.