This category of UK visa is for students (from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland) with a UK graduate degree who show exceptional entrepreneurial skills. The applicant must present ideas or skills to set up a business in the UK as a sole trader, partnership or a registered company and get endorsed before applying.
In order to be eligible, the applicant must be endorsed by a UK higher education institute (HEI) and possess a UK-recognized bachelor’s degree or higher.
A person is also eligible to apply if they have been endorsed by the Department for International Trade (DIT) and possess a degree qualification that is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree or higher. Further eligibility criteria include the following.
- The applicant must intend to establish a business in the UK.
- The applicant must fulfill English language requirements.
- The applicant must have additional funds to be able to support themselves & family during their stay. This condition may be relaxed if the applicant has been endorsed by the DIT.
- The applicant must be at least 16 years old.
- The applicant must prove the credibility of the business and proposal by successfully passing the Genuine Entrepreneur Test.
Get in touch with our immigration solicitors to find out if you are eligible or how to start the process of applying through this category.